HM Submarine C34
Ordered under the 1908/1909 building programme, C34 was laid down on 29 March 1909 and launched on 8 June 1910 by Mrs Ommanney, wife of the Admiral Superintendent, Rear Admiral Robert N. Ommanney.
When WW1 started, C34 was part of the Fourth Flotilla in Dover and under the command of Lt. J.F. Hutchings.
In January 1915 C34 was operating from Harwich with orders to entrap German Submarines acting from Ostend and Zeebrugge.
C34 was lost with with only one survivor in July 1917 when she was sunk by U52 whilst on the surface off the Shetlands.
The sole survivor was Stoker Frank Scoble DK22307, who was picked up by U52.